I have used MindMeister more in the last two years than I do now. It is a great tool, web based and easy to get started with brainstorming. I think their versioning and pricing can be improved. Here are my specific recommendations:
- Do not use the label Premium version instead use Pro version, and rename Business version to Enterprise
- Introduce a Personal version (which I recommend should be exactly same as the current Premium version).
- Introduce a new “Pro” version which has the features of Personal plus Backups, Embedding and Reports & Statistics.
- Increase pricing for Enterprise edition and also consider charging a one time set-up fee (for enabling branding etc.)
- See: Science of Optimal Versioning in Saas, 4 costs of versioning, Make it very easy for your customers to choose your versions.
Pricing page Recommendations: (All changes need to be A/B tested)
- Replace “Find out more” button with a prominent “Sign up” button – more direct call to action. They now have the Sign Up widget listed separately from the versions.
- Place the emphasis on the now renamed “Pro version” – use nudges like “Most Popular” to drive the adoption of this version.
- They use per month pricing for Business version and per year pricing for Premium version. I recommend sticking to per month pricing.
- Remove the prominent placement of “Basic Version” and instead add a link at the bottom “Not ready to commit – Get started with for Free with our version”.