I believe we end up with wrong strategies, wrong products, wrong advice and eventually big failures because we ask all the wrong questions.
Stop asking wrong questions like:
- What would you like for your horse drawn carriage? A faster horse may be?
- What features would you like on our product?
- If we made this thingamajig would you buy it?
- Will you buy this product for $7.99?
- On a scale of 0 to 10 how likely are you recommend this product to your friends and family?
- Doesn’t my product deserve the price I am charging for it?
- What are the traits of successful people/businesses?
- What is our social media strategy?
- What can I learn from Gangnam style video’s success (or from movie Les Miserable)?
- How can I launch products like Apple does?
- What data will prove I am right?
- How many product editions should I offer?
- So what are the right questions then?
Happy New Year!